How to reduce your wedding costs
The average wedding cost in Australia is $36,000. For most that is most likely the second largest amount you'll spend in your lifetime after buying a house. So how can you reduce or limit the amount you spend you on wedding?
1. Have a wedding budget. This is where the first compromise between partners will begin. Find a common realistic goal and get saving for it. Try to stay away from loans, if you can't afford it you need to reduce your budget or/and expectations.
2. Get some expert help. Wedding stylists in Sydney and Byron Bay are a great way to help you navigate through organising and decorating your big day. If you don't have the time to do it yourself outsourcing the whole wedding can be a lifesaver. If you don't have the budget or you'd like to do some of the work yourself, get help setting the style and advice on where to shop from a wedding stylist. A kick off session can give you some direction and a great way forward to DIY.
3. Negotiate. If you niggle little 5% discounts off all your suppliers quite easily. Just ask. Add that up across all your vendors and you've saved a good chunk off your budget.
4. For those suppliers who won't reduce their price look for where else they can add some value. Most wedding photographers in Sydney and Byron Bay will be able to give you a free engagement shoot if you book them to shoot your wedding. This is a great way to get comfortable with them.
5. Get your own table flowers. If you're willing to get up early the day before the wedding head to the flower markets. You'll save literally thousands on simple flowers you can place in jars and vases on tables yourself.
Weddings are expensive and complex things. Try to keep them as simple as possible and remember why you are doing it in the first place. For any wedding styling or wedding photography needs in Sydney or Byron Bay feel free to get in touch with us and ask us any questions you might have.